Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

uhhh, what?, open
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 17 2017, 06:22 PM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

“Shit.” Word rushed out as Abigail rested against the tombstone she had just been flung into, there were bound to be bruises, possibly even a few cuts and scrapes, after this case was over. She groaned twisted around, resting her head against the cold concrete as she contemplated her next move. It had started out simple enough, as most hauntings did, with a ghost. And thankfully it was a ghost and not a poltergeist. Through a bit of research, more than a few calls to her brother, Abigail had been able to narrow the culprit down to the bones in the grave in front of her, already dug.

That had been the easy part, the digging, but no sooner than she had tossed the salt on the bones than ghost itself had appeared. She had quickly doused it with lighter fluid and was reaching into the pocket of her jacket to grab the lighter when she was oh so unceremoniously flung into the tombstone. Not that is was the first time and she was quite sure it wouldn’t be the last either. Abigail groaned again and wondered just what it was she was doing. She should be at home grading papers or preparing lesson plans and not chasing ghost and running through cemeteries at night.

Maybe after this she’d stop, go back to school, finish and get her degree. Given the way her back was already hurting, it might be worth it in the long run. “Okay, okay…” Abby held a hand up in fake surrender as she attempted to placate the ghost. The other hand was in the pocket of her jacket wrapped around a zippo, because what other choice was there when you had a ghost ready to stop you.

She let out sigh, there was definitely going to be some serious soreness going on in the morning. It was already hurting just to walk the few steps over to the grave, “Just gonna grab my bag…” which she pointed to, not like she was really going to just grab it and maybe if the thing knew she was relenting it would give her time to flick the lighter and toss it into the grave

Only the pissed off ghost as having none of it as it sent her flying into the tombstone yet again. If she kept this up she'd had to buy the person some flowers since they were getting so cozy. Abigail groaned a she shifted to a sitting position, this was so not working.
PMEmail
^
Riley Webb
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 04:26 PM
Hunters
becca★
Riley
27 YEARS OLD
Hunter
27 POSTS

Sitting there in that bar having a nice drink. Riley couldn't help but overhear those other hunters talking about that young girl going out on a solo mission. And Riley knew all to well what those were like and most of the time it was wishing that you had shot someone a text telling them where you were going just in case things went awry. So she set her dink down and paid her bill and decided to just take a drive to see if there would be anything she could do to help. Which could just as easily go bad just as it could go good but she didn't care and hopefully this girl who was up there would't mind that Riley was crashing her hunt.

As she pulled up she noticed the lone car sitting in the cemetery she figured she must be in the right place. As she hopped out of her car and grabbed her bag. Looking at the ground to see if there were any fresh footprints that would lead her in the right direction. So she started walking up the path passing all the creepy statues thinking don't blink and maybe they wouldn't follow her. She knew she must be getting close because she heard the muffling in the distance. As she got closer the sounds got louder and she heard something smack into a what she could only assume was a gravestone. Riley took a few steps closer and seen the girl sitting there against the back of the gravestone, with the plot already dug up and ready to go it just needed a flame to go up in smoke.

Riley pulled her lighter out and quickly tossed it down. She looked over at the girl sitting there, "hey i heard somone was on a solo mission, hope you don't mind me crashing your party?" Hoping the girl wasn't going to be pissed that she was there, "umm i'm Riley," as she watched the smoke fill the air with that lovely hunter smell of gas n salt and charred bones. Riley walked over to the girl and leaned her hand down to see if the girl needed a helping hand up. "Do you need a hand?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 10:00 PM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

Abigail had no idea where the lady had come from, appearing just in time to surprise both her and the ghost. Not to mention tossing what was needed into the open grave, fire. There was no telling just how she would have been able to do it her herself. She rested her head against the tombstone as the figure started to combust, the good ‘ol salt and burn working like it was supposed to. For the moment there was nothing else to do but watch as the ghost burst into the fiery flame and then was gone.

“Isn’t it a little late to be asking if I mind?” Because well, the woman had already finished the job for her, not that she was going to complain too much with the way her back was currently feeling. Being flung into concrete was definitely not all it was cracked up to be. And speaking of cracked, Abigail let Riley help her to her feet, “Thanks.”

She bent slowly, her back protesting, and grabbed her flashlight. If she cracked the tombstone then she was so splurging on flowers. “I think I owe, “ Abby paused as she ran the light over the name, “Mr. Peter Burroughs here some flowers.” Since they had gotten so cozy this evening. She turned back to the other woman, “Abigail.” There, pleasantries were out of the way.
PMEmail
^
Riley Webb
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 02:14 PM
Hunters
becca★
Riley
27 YEARS OLD
Hunter
27 POSTS

By the tone is Abigails voice Riley could tell that she was not that happy that Riley crashed her hunt. But on the other hand a little grateful since the ghost had tossed her into a tombstone. And Riley knew all too well just how it felt when someone comes crashing on your hunt. But sometimes an extra hand worked out for the better and other times it was just plain annoying. Damn hunters thinking just because you're a girl that you didn't know how to do your job. But that far from the truth, some people just work better alone, but sometimes when you just pop into a hunt where you're not invited you make some really good friends.

“And yea it probably is but it looked like you needed a hand." Riley looked around and was thinking to herself well this isn't how you go about making new friends. Not that she was really trying to make new friends but to be honest there weren't many people Riley could call friends sure she knew a lot of hunters. And then there was Ray who wasn't a hunter but she did know a thing or two about hunting.

Riley helped the girl to her feet knowing exactly how she felt because what hunter hasn't been tossed around and thrown into a gravestone or a wall. And it wasn't all that pleasant, "well now that you did all the hard work and since i did crash your hunt you got to let me buy you a drink or maybe four." As those two girls stood there over that open grave that was now torched. “Or maybe the flowers for Mr. Burroughs?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 11:04 PM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

There were a number of things she seemed to needing tonight, but up until she got up close and personal with Mr. Burroughs all she had needed was to finish the job. Now Abigail found herself needing a relaxing soak in a tub of hottest water she could stand followed by a good stiff drink. Unlike most hunters she wasn’t that much of a drinker, but when the need arose who was she to deny it. And yeah, she had needed the help or there would be some much stronger words being used, tossed at this other woman, who was obviously a hunter.

Once upright she twisted and stretched her back. If there wasn’t some serious bruising pooping up over the next few days she would be surprised. Abigail angled her flashlight so she could see this woman’s face but not blind her. Unless of course there came a need to blind her and make a move towards a weapon, “ So. What made you crash and come to my rescue?

Abby had hunted alone, and she had hunted with others, but this was a first that anyone had come crashing in at the tail end of one of her hunts.

“Normally I’m not much of a drinker, but I think that afterward kissing the concrete twice I think I need one.” And she’d let Riley buy it, because why not. But the flowers, those were a different story. “No.” it was just something she had to do. “I’ll take care of the flowers myself.” Because it wasn’t just for Peter Burroughs that she was buying.
PMEmail
^
Riley Webb
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 03:08 PM
Hunters
becca★
Riley
27 YEARS OLD
Hunter
27 POSTS

Standing there in the dark with that woman Riley was not sure why she had crashed her hunt. Maybe it was part bordem or just plain curiosity. And it wasn't all that out of her way she was going to pass it on the way to her motel. Riley looked at Abigail, " it was on my way and I guess I just had this gut feeling. And I've learned to listen to that feeling." Riley lifted her hand just blocking that light from her eyes. And even though it could have ended up worse than those two going for a drink. They could have had words or even a couple fist throws. Because well some hunters hated having there party crashed.

"So drinks it is then? There is a bar not to far from here." As Riley turned and headed back down the path to her car. She turned and figured the polite thing to do was ask if she needed help carrying her bag. But she almost thought the answer would be no, but she was going to ask anyways. " Do you need a hand with your bags?" Now she felt like the world's biggest jerk for asking but the girl had been tossed around some. But that didn't mean she needed help with her bags.

And when Abigail told her no to the flowers. Riley totally understood that, because well sometimes the hunt was personal. And there were certain boundaries from one hunter to another that you just didn't cross. And when Abigail said she wasn't much of a drinker, Riley was a little baffled because all the hunters she knew were. Hell the life of a hunter was chasing things killing them. And then going for a drink or hooking up with some casual stranger. But Riley was certain that's not how the night would end. " So it's just down the street I can't remember what side it's on, but I know it's just down the road a few miles. Not to far from the nearest motel."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 12:53 AM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

She lowered the flashlight even more, letting the residual light illuminate Riley’s face and nodded, the woman was right. There were just times when, as a hunter, you had to trust your instincts, your gut; because if you didn’t, then that was pretty much all she wrote, lights out and all that gory stuff. Abigail was surprised her family was not haunting her for hunting alone, but it wasn’t like she could get her brother off his lazy ass to come out with her. He barely even let her in his house, gave her the rundown of tests. Every. Single. Time.

“I know the place.” Abigail hadn’t been inside though; she had just passed it on her way to the cemetery. She watched the other hunter turn and head back down the path, the way she had come and then realized that testing this Riley might be a good thing. So when the woman stopped, turned and asked if she needed help, Abigail squatted down, “Yes.” And fiddled with her bag, searching for the flask of holy water that was obviously hanging out at the very bottom.

One had to be safe after all. Abigail waited until the woman was close, then she shot back up to her feet and tossed the water at the woman’s face.

riley webb
….sorry it’s so short!
PMEmail
^
Riley Webb
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 04:49 PM
Hunters
becca★
Riley
27 YEARS OLD
Hunter
27 POSTS

As those two girls followed the path to their cars. It had gotten a bit darker so Riley pulled out her flashlight, so she could see where she was walking. When Abigail had said she knew where the place was but it wasn't like it was down some back alley road where half way down you were seriously thinking about turning around because every horror movie that was out always ended up with the people going down some long stretch of a long ass road. And then being taken into some psych torture dungeon room. And that is no where Riley wanted to be.

Just as Riley turned around and asked Abigail if she needed any help, she got splashed in the face with some holy water but it certainly wasn't the first time and she doubted it would be the last time. Riley brought her hand up to her face and wiped the water off. " not a demon or anything else," Riley stood there for a minute staring at the girl. Fair is fair now its your turn. And just in case you think i could be anything else i have some silver in my bag if you want to test that theory?" Riley understood where the girl was coming from, hell it was something Riley would do her own damn self.

Riley placed her hand on her hip and stared at the girl, "well now that is out of the way i guess that i'll meet you at the bar?" As they both got into there cars and headed down the road to the local bar. Riley pulled into the parking lot and waited for Abigail to pull in after her. Riley waited for Abigail to get out of her car, so they could walk into this bar. " So what kind of trouble do you think lies behind those doors? Because sometimes people were bigger assholes than anything they could hunt." As they strolled into the bar Riley was looking around to see what kind of trouble they were getting themselves into. Especially when it was two girls walking in, and most men thought that was an open invitation to automatically be drooled over. Riley walked up to the bar and slightly raised her hand in the air for the bartender to make their way down to them. " I'll take whatever is on tap tonight, and riley pointed to the girl beside her and whatever she is having."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 05:24 PM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

Abigail knew that she should be thankful, grateful even, for the help even if it had come by way of another hunter crashing her hunt in its final moments. And maybe it was pent up frustration from having been tossed into the tombstone one too many times that was the real issue. Or just the fact that she had not been able to finished the hunt herself. Did that mean she was off her game, that it was time for her to hang her journal up and go back to school, do something different with her life? That’s what she would do in the morning, for sure, check into going back to college.

When she tossed the holy water in the woman’s face, she hadn’t really expected any other reaction than what Abby got. Most times anything that would be affected by the water wouldn’t be out crashing a hunt, unless of course there was an ulterior motive. “Uh huh.” Abigial turned the flask up and took a drink of the water, “Nah, I guess that’s good enough.” For now, at least. “Yeah, that sounds good.” She picked up the bag and slung it over her shoulder, tossing it in the trunk of her car.

Before she knew it, she was pulling up and parking her car. Even though she had knew what place Riley was referring too, she had still followed the other woman. Abigail turned the engine off, pulled the visor down to check herself in the mirror, there was no telling just how she looked after having spent the better part of a few hours digging up a grave. She ran a hand through her hair and exited, slamming the door shut behind her and strolling up to join Riley. “Hopefully, as little as possible.” She knew she wasn’t like most hunters, hell like her brother had been before…

She followed Riley through the door and to the bar, subconsciously dusting her jacket off as she walked. It was bar, that much was sure, but not much of one. Abby rested elbows on the bar top, propping herself up as the other woman ordered the drinks.

tag: riley webb
PMEmail
^
Riley Webb
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 07:34 PM
Hunters
becca★
Riley
27 YEARS OLD
Hunter
27 POSTS

As those two girls waited for there drinks Riley did what she did whenever walking into a new place look for the quick exit. And yea this bar wasn't anything like the four seasons, but that's where Riley didn't want to be. With all the people who didn't know what was out there. Finally the bartender came with their drinks Riley grabbed her beer pressing it against her lips letting the little taste of heaven pass her lips.

Riley looked around for an open seat so those two girls could talk. Riley turned her head towards Abigail, " do you want to go grab that table or we can stay here at the bar?" But Riley figured that this girl would want answers to her questions and we'll the table was a little more private than the bar where everyone could hear what they were saying.

So Riley kinda just started walking towards the table, "this is just a bit more quiet. And I'm sure you have more questions as to why I crashed your hunt." But she wasn't looking for any glory or anything like that it was just her gut telling her to stop, So she did. And from the looks of it, it was a good thing she did.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 10:55 PM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

It felt sort of out of place being in a strange place with a strange person, especially one she had just met, in a strange place. But the drink was free and the woman was a hunter, so that was a plus and made a difference her having accepted the invite. Abigail watched as the bartender set the bottles of beer in front of Riley, grabbing one only after the other woman had picked up hers. She lifted the bottle to her lips, trying her best to ignore the pain in her back as she stood there and took a sip.

The beer was cold, refreshing, and quite good, even for a non-drinker. “A table.” Where she could sit and lean back and not have to worry about falling over from the pain.

Abigail lifted the bottle and mouthed the word thanks to the bartender before attempting to follow Riley to the table. She took a step backwards and flinched; yeah a nice hot and long soak was in her near future. Of course that was after she handled this business with this other hunter. Abby settled into the chair as gingerly as she could, setting the bottle on the table, “Yeah.” It was the same one she had already asked. “Why?
PMEmail
^
Riley Webb
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 04:40 PM
Hunters
becca★
Riley
27 YEARS OLD
Hunter
27 POSTS

As those two girls sat down at the table Riley just took a seat and watched as Abigail took a seat. Riley lifted her beer pressing it against her lips and letting that smooth refreshing drink go down her throat. It was like some kind of heaven, having a good drink after a good hunt. But to say it was a good hunt was a little bit more on the wrong side since she crashed that girls hunt. Riley set her beer down on the table and glanced over to Abigail, " well like I said before it was just my gut telling me to stop. I really hadn't planned on it because I know crashing a hunt sometimes doesn't go all to well."

There were certain codes of being a hunter that most of the good one followed, but then there were the few that well honestly they probably shouldn't even be hunting. Riley grabbed her purse and set it on the table digging around in it looking for something that that girl could take to maybe help relieve the pain. But all she could find was nothing stronger than a tylenol and this girl might not even take the pill from her. But she would ask, " I have a few tyelnol if you're interested sorry it's nothing stronger." She pulled the bottle out and set it down on the table, just in case she did want it. But Riley would also understand if she didn't want to take it hell after all they had just met and it wasn't like they met through mural friends or anything.

Riley lifted her hand in the air just slightly so that bartender could see and bring them another round of drinks. And Riley would sit back and let the girl ask whatever she wanted and she'd answer to the best of her knowledge she didn't want to lie to the girl. " Also before we go any further there is a motel not to far from here." Because they both needed a shower but Abigail probably needed a lot more than a shower. And Riley was just hopeful that maybe they could become friends. " And again I really am sorry to have crashed your hunt. I normally don't do shit like that but I'm sorry my gut just told me to stop."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 08:22 PM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

Abigail nodded slowly, her head bobbing in response to what Riley was saying. There were just some things that happened like that, especially in their world. She shifted, hiding the wince the best she could, and reached for her drink, bringing the bottle to her lips and taking a sip. Even though she had been a hunter for year now, there was still always something about it that amazed her. “Okay. I’m just going to have to believe you on that.” Not that there was any other choice at this current moment in time. “Lucky for you it was just a ghost.” Abby left the rest of her words unspoken. If had been another type of case there would have could have been a gun involved and then there was no telling how things might have turned out.

The bottle paused at her lips as she watched Riley reach for and rifle through her purse, what in the world was the woman doing? She took a long drink and eyed the pain reliever she set on the table, “Are we sure that is a good idea?” She asked as she gestured with the bottle, shifting it sideways. Now she wasn’t a drinker, but she had gone to college and ventured out and about there and knew that there were certain things that just did not mix. Whether the Tylenol and beer did, she had no clue really.

She set the bottle on the table, her brows wrinkling in confusion, “Are you hitting on me?” Was this woman a stalker? First she had followed her to the cemetery; crashed in saving the day, er night and now here she was mentioning a motel. If she was, she sure was putting it right out there and was wasting no time in her effort.
PMEmail
^
Riley Webb
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 12:01 AM
Hunters
becca★
Riley
27 YEARS OLD
Hunter
27 POSTS

As Riley sat there with Abigail, she knew that look all to well. Pain but not wanting anyone to know just how much pain you're in. Hunters hid it well it was almost UN their job description. But when Riley noticed her wince. She had to offer up some type of pain pills, even if they weren't the good ones. And yea you probably shouldn't mix them with booze. But on the other hand why not. Even if it was just a little bit of relief was better than none was it not.

" Well now that, is out of the way." Riley looked at that girl and noticed that she took a beating and still looked good. Someone was doing the job right, and right now it looked like Riley was going to have to step up her game. And just maybe she could tell that girl just how beautiful she looked without getting slapped in the face, but hey a girls got to take her chances. And this opportunity just kind of fell just into her lap.

" Yeah I sure am glad it was just a ghost and not something bigger." Because the turn out could have been a hell of a lot worse. And as she handed her the pain pills. " well it could make this night a whole lot funner." Wait was she hitting on her or was she comjng off as some creepy stalker. Who knew right now but right now rileys going to see just how much fun this could be. Riley took a sip of her beer and looked at that woman, " would that be so bad if I was hitting on you?" She smiled and gazed at that girl maybe this gut wrenching that made her stop at that cemetery. Was going to get a whole lot more interesting.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Abigail Kingston
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 05:53 PM
Hunters
Misty★
Abby
28 YEARS OLD
Hunter
29 POSTS

Her fingers drummed on the side of the bottle, eyes shifting back down to the bottle. Surely it couldn’t hurt. How could she be so wary of something like that when she was putting her life and body on the line on almost every case? Really, it made no sense. “What the hell.” Abigail snatched the Tylenol from the table, twisted the cap off and tapped two of the capsules into her hand; which she proceeded to toss back and followed with a swig of beer. She set the medicine bottle back on the table, giving it a little nudge back in Riley’s direction, “Thanks.”

Abigail had never embraced the whole hunter mentality that most of the ones she knew seemed to be afflicted with; she had never even wanted the life. Or had she? She shook her head at the wayward thought that so obviously wrong, took another drink of the beer. There was no telling just how little it was going to take to have her feeling the effects, “It is?” not that she would actually care after a few more drinks and the pain medicine started to work.

“Yeah, because you know, guns and humans don’t actually mix.” An understatement, but it felt like it needed saying. Not that Abby was sure as to why it actually needed saying, but it was said now.

Boom. There was the answer. Abigail nearly choked on her drink, a hand coming up to wipe some of it away that was on her lips. Her mouth opened and closed, and opened and closed, “I uh-“ She blinked, eyes darted around the bar before settling back on Riley. Was she dreaming, actually awake? The woman wasn’t bad looking, more than likely would be able to pass for a model given the right non-hunter wardrobe and such, “I guess not.”
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Abandon All HopeX-Generation: X-Men RoleplayFLAWED GENETICSSons of Anarchy: A Murder of Crows                RPG-DRPG Initiative
TMTC                
                Distant FantasiesCandyland Couture
Black Prism               Shadowplay

INCREDIBLE

SKIN BY HANNAH OF SHINE & CAUTION. CFS BY BLACK.